Recorded Audio Books are human voice recordings that are provided to AIM-VA students through Learning Ally, formerly known as RFB&D. While most of the books are audio only, a select number of books have been converted to the VOICEtext format; which provides highlighted text to be followed while the audio is played.
- Learning Ally books are read by content matter specialists and are designed to be clear and understandable, with students who have disabilities in mind.
- Speed controls allow students can speed up or slow down the rate at which the book is read.
- Students can easily click to navigate by pages, chapters or sections as well as add their own digital bookmarks.
- Can be read on Daisy players or PC, Mac, IOS, and Android devices using the free downloadable software or apps provided by Learning Ally.
- Content is "Reflowable", meaning the text is optimized to fit the page regardless of font size.
- For audio recordings in the “VOICEtext” format, the text will be highlighted as it is read which reinforces word recognition, improves fluency, builds vocabulary and develops decoding skills.
- Free Learning Ally Audio App (IOS and Android)
- Free software from Learning Ally called ReadHear by gh
- DAISY Devices (Cost depends on device; device can be ordered through Learning Ally)