Recorded Audio Books are human voice recordings that are provided to AIM-VA students through Learning Ally, formerly known as RFB&D. While most of the books are audio only, a select number of books have been converted to the VOICEtext format; which provides highlighted text to be followed while the audio is played.
- Learning Ally books may be read by content matter specialists and are designed to be clear and understandable, with students who have disabilities in mind.
- Learning Ally app and software offer many different controls and preferences
- adjust background and text colors, font size, audio speed
- rewind, play, pause
- page and heading navigation
- For audio recordings in the "VOICEtext" format, the text will be highlighted as it is read which reinforces word recognition, improves fluency, builds vocabulary and develops decoding skills.
- Content is "Reflowable", meaning the text is optimized to fit the page regardless of font size.
- Free Learning Ally Audio App (IOS, Chrome and Android)
- Free software from Learning Ally called ReadHear by gh (IOS and Windows)
- Authorized DAISY Devices (Cost depends on device; device can be ordered through Learning Ally)