ePub (Electronic Publications)
EPUB is an e-book file format that is short for electronic publication. AIM-VA converts ePubs from DAISY, NIMAS and Microsoft Word formats. An EPUB is supported by many e-readers, and compatible software is available for most smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- Compatible with text-to-speech programs.
- Content is “Reflowable”, meaning the text is optimized to fit the page regardless of font size.
- Readable on the computer as well as many mobile devices.
- ePubs created by AIM-VA are available on the student’s bookshelf, can be streamed online and read aloud using Streamit!
- Built in bookmarks and electronic navigation through “Table of Contents” often included
- Publishers can tag images with alternate text descriptions that can be read aloud.
- Page numbers correspond to the page numbers of the printed text if programmed by the publisher
AIM-VA's Stream-It and popular eReaders. These include, but are not limited to; iPad, Kindle, iPhone, Android, Kobo, Nook, Sony Reader, Windows Phone, PC and Mac OSX notebook/desktop systems.