Microsoft Word Document
A Microsoft Word Document is where AIM-VA production staff fully structure printed materials in electronic files with accessibility features. Word files are optimized using features such as the Microsoft sans serif typeface; alternate text to describe pictures and graphics, document navigation and active hyperlinks. Word files are used to create AIM-VA Fully-Accessible PDFs and ePubs.
Note: Due to special character limitations, some math, science, and music texts are not available.
- Includes content related graphics which are programmed with alternate text descriptions that can be read aloud.
- Font style matches the original text (i.e. bold, italics, underline).
- Page numbers correspond to the page numbers of the printed text.
- Footnotes are positioned within text to provide greater understanding of content.
- Headings are created for navigation and can be viewed in the document maps.
- Microsoft Word files can be easily saved as RTF files
Best if used with Microsoft Word